Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The lesson begins

This blog is mostly for my own reference. As I learn new tips, tricks, and methods for doing things in linux, I'll be posting my problem and solution here for me to look back at later. I've made this public only because I know that I'm not the only one who has problems with linux, and I know that having more places to find information is never a bad thing. Don't expect it to be updated overly frequently or regularly, if it's not updated for a while that means that I'm not currently finding interesting ways to destroy my linux install, or I've got something more important to do.

The linux distribution of choice for me is Vector Linux. I have one machine with Vector Light 5.9 RC1, and one with the standard edition of 5.9. Vector is based on Slackware, and uses gslapt or slapt-get as its package manager. I chose Vector because it's light weight (even moreso for the Light edition), fully featured, and has good community support (pretty essential for me).

The website for Vector can be found here.

No comments: